The IEEE International Energy Conference (ENERGYCON) covers a broad range of electric power and energy systems topics, will continue the tradition of the past editions organized in Bahrain, Italy, Croatia, Belgium, and Cyprus. The 6th edition of the conference will take place in one of the beautiful Mediterranean countries, Tunisia, known for its golden beaches, sunny weather and affordable luxuries, on April 13-16, 2020. It is organized by the IEEE Tunisia Section, IEEE Region 8, and IEEE Africa Council. The conference is technically co-sponsored by the IEEE Power and Energy Society, and IEEE Industry Applications Society, IEEE Power Electronics Society, and IEEE Industrial Electronics Society.
ENERGYCON is dedicated to experts carrying out research focused on energy and power systems. It has already become one of the central events for discussion on the application of electronics, instrumentation, information and communication technology to the energy industry.
ENERGYCON provides an opportunity to scientists, professional engineers and engineering students to present their work, publish their results, exchange ideas and network for future scientific and industrial collaborations.
Extended Abstracts (2 pages), Short (4 pages), and Full (6 pages) accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings if at least one author is registered and if the paper is presented at the conference (in compliance with IEEE rules). The short and full papers of the conference proceedings will be submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library and appear in the Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI) – an integrated index within Web of Science.
Papers are invited on all topics related to electric power and energy systems, and especially with the following focus:
- T1: Smart Grid Design and Security: Cyber and physical security, Materials Research Techniques for Smart grid equipment, Micro-grid, Machine Actuators/Sensor Power systems & Technologies, Reliability, Forecasting and Power Flow Analysis, Sensor Systems, Signal Processing and Interfaces in Power systems, Connection of Offshore Renewables to the Grid and their Challenges, Requirements and Standards for Cyber and Physical Security in Electric Systems, Power System Resiliency to Cyber and Physical Attacks
- T2: Power Electronics and Energy Conversion: Power devices and components, Power converter topologies and design , Multilevel and high power converters, Power quality control, Harmonic analysis and compensations, High Efficiency Electrical Machines and Drives for Energy Saving, Power electronics in HVDC, HVAC, and FACTS, PFC, STATCOM, Solid state transformer, Modeling, simulation and control in power electronics, Power semiconductor devices, packaging, magnetic materials and passive components, microgrids and utility applications, Power electronics in lighting applications, Wireless Power Transfer, Energy harvesting, reliable power electronics
- T3: Renewable Energy and Storage: Modelling and analysis , Energy management and control systems New Ancillary Services Supported by Energy Storage and RES, Batteries, Wind Power, Hydropower, Solar Energy, Biomass, Biofuel, Geothermal Energy, Wave Energy, Tidal energy, Hydrogen & Fuel Cells, New Energy Applications, New Energy Materials and Devices, Modelling of Renewable Energy Sources and Storage Technologies, Intelligent Control of Renewable Energy Sources, Forecasting Applications for Wind and PV Generation, Microgrids, Renewable energy conversion; Large and small-scale energy storage; Power to gas, Fuel Cells, Integration of Energy Storage Solutions to the Grid and their Impact
- T4: Power Systems and Smart Grids: Modelling and analysis , Flexibility in conventional generation; Monitoring of Distribution Networks, Integration of Distributed Energy Sources, Active Management of Distribution Systems, Optimal Planning of Distribution Networks, Microgrids, Protection of Distribution Networks, Operation and control; HVDC and HVDC grids; Connection of offshore resources; Modelling and analysis, Wide Area Monitoring, Protection, and Control; HVDC Transmission Systems; Transmission System Planning, Operation, monitoring and control; Power quality issues
- T5: Advanced technologies for the control, design and operation of the smart-grid: Multi-energy systems; ICT for smart grids; Data processing and visualization in the power system; Demand flexibility; Electric vehicles; emerging technologies for the control, operation, and optimization of smart grid. This should cover embedded system, smart sensors, intelligent electronic devices, big data, smart meter design, non-intrusive load monitoring, distributed intelligence, cloud computing, real-time system, computational intelligence, demand-side management, IoT, home energy management system, blockchain technology, SCADA, communication technologies, interoperability, middleware technologies
- Extended Abstract (2 pages) / Short (4 pages) / Full (6 pages) paper submission: Extended to December 31, 2019
- Acceptance notified: Extended to February 1, 2020
- Camera Ready Submission: February 13, 2020
- Author Registration deadline: February 13, 2020
The conference will be held in RAMADA Plaza Tunis Hotel, located in Gammarth, beachfront resort, close to Sidi Bousaid, Carthage, and 20 minutes from Tunis city center and Bardo Museum. Special prices are offered for attendees with FREE Airport- Hotel transfer service. www.ramadaplaza-tunis.com