The IEEE International Energy Conference (ENERGYCON) covers a broad range of electric power and energy systems topics, will continue the tradition of the past editions organized in Bahrain, Italy, Croatia, Belgium, and Cyprus. The 6th IEEE ENERGYCON will be held between 13-16 April 2020 at the Ramada Plaza Hotel in Gammarth – Tunis (Tunisia). It is organized by the IEEE Tunisia Section, in partnership with IEEE Region 8, IEEE Power and Energy Society, and IEEE Industry Applications Society [under approval].
ENERGYCON is dedicated to experts carrying out research focused on energy and power systems. It has already become one of the central events for discussion on the application of electronics, instrumentation, information and communication technology to the energy industry.
ENERGYCON provides an opportunity to scientists, professional engineers and engineering students to present their work, publish their results, exchange ideas and network for future scientific and industrial collaborations.
Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings if at least one author is registered and if the paper is presented at the conference (in compliance with IEEE rules). The conference proceedings will be submitted to the Xplore Digital Library and appear in the Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI) – an integrated index within Web of Science.
Papers are invited on all topics related to electric power and energy systems, and especially with the following focus:
- Smart Grid Design and Security: Cyber and physical security, Materials Research Techniques for Smart grid equipment, Micro-grid, Machine Actuators/Sensor Power systems & Technologies, Reliability, Forecasting and Power Flow Analysis, Sensor Systems, Signal Processing and Interfaces in Power systems, Connection of Offshore Renewables to the Grid and their Challenges, Requirements and Standards for Cyber and Physical Security in Electric Systems, Power System Resiliency to Cyber and Physical Attacks
- Renewable Energy: Wind Power, Hydropower, Solar Energy, Biomass, Biofuel, Geothermal Energy, Wave Energy, Tidal energy, Hydrogen & Fuel Cells, New Energy Applications, New Energy Materials and Devices, Modelling of Renewable Energy Sources and Storage Technologies, Intelligent Control of Renewable Energy Sources, Forecasting Applications for Wind and PV Generation
- Energy conversion and Storage: Innovative energy technologies; Power electronic devices and motor drives; Flexibility in conventional generation; Renewable energy conversion; Large and small-scale energy storage; Power to gas, High Efficiency Electrical Machines and Drives for Energy Saving, Fuel Cells, Integration of Energy Storage Solutions to the Grid and their Impact, New Ancillary Services Supported by Energy Storage and RES, Batteries
- Transmission: Planning; Operation and control; HVDC and HVDC grids; Connection of offshore resources; Modelling and analysis, Wide Area Monitoring, Protection, and Control; HVDC Transmission Systems; Transmission System Planning
- Distribution: Integration of distributed energy sources; Modelling and analysis; Operation, monitoring and control; Power quality, Monitoring of Distribution Networks, Integration of Distributed Energy Sources, Active Management of Distribution Systems, Optimal Planning of Distribution Networks, Microgrids, Protection of Distribution Networks
- Smart cities and ICT: Multi-energy systems; ICT for smart grids; Data processing and visualization in the power system; Demand flexibility; Electric vehicles
Technically co-sponsored by